A reputation for excellence. A highly experienced and dedicated faculty. A learning environment sited on one of the most beautiful campuses in the country. There are many reasons to attend GMC.
The College has a well-deserved reputation as a leader in sustainability. When you become part of GMC, you join a legacy of achievement in sustainability studies and practices.
- The Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) ranks the College’s curriculum #1 in the nation for sustainability.
- AASHE also ranks GMC as the #1 college in the nation for sustainability.
- Benchmarked against all 568 institutions participating in the 2013 National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE), GMC was well above the mean for the top 10% of schools in reflective and integrated learning, student-faculty interaction and high-impact educational practices.
- GMC has been ranked in the top 15 on Sierra magazine’s Cool Schools list for seven straight years (the only college in the nation to do so), and received the #1 ranking in 2010.
- GMC received a perfect “green rating” in the last four editions of Princeton Review’s Green Honor Roll. The guide ranked the top “green” schools in the country in 2015 for the first time, and GMC was rated second in the nation. In the 2016 listings, GMC was ranked third.
- In 2015 Forbes named GMC one of the top “50 College Gems With Bargain Tuitions and SAT Optional Policies.”
- In 2011, GMC became a climate neutral campus through a strategic combination of efficiency, clean energy and local carbon offsets.