Home > Academic Catalog > 2011-13 Academic Catalog > Academic Policies > Credits from Other Institutions

Credit From Other Institutions

Transfer Students
A student who has attended another accredited institution prior to entering Green Mountain College must provide official transcripts to the Office of Admissions for evaluation. Credits for acceptable course work must carry a grade of C- or better for the student who has a cumulative transfer GPA of 2.00 or higher. For those students whose cumulative GPA is less than a 2.00, all acceptable course work must carry a grade of C or better. Quality points are not transferable.

Transfer Credit After Matriculation
A student who elects to attend a session at another accredited institution with the object of clearing credit deficiencies from the record or for the purpose of accelerating an educational program must confer with the Registrar’s Office prior to session enrollment. If a student fails to seek such approval, the credits earned elsewhere may not be applied to a degree program at Green Mountain College. Credits for acceptable course work must carry a grade of C- or better and appear on an official transcript. Quality points are not transferable. The College may limit the number of credits a matriculated student may transfer from another institution. The last 30 credit hours must be taken at Green Mountain College. On petition, the Academic Standards Committee will consider exceptions to this policy.

Transfer Credit After the Normal Period of Residency
If a student should fail to qualify for a degree after the normal period of residency, the Academic Standards Committee may be petitioned to accept both credits and quality points from an accredited institution to meet degree requirements. This arrangement must be negotiated at least 12 weeks prior to the next commencement date.

© 2015 Green Mountain College | One Brennan Circle | Poultney, Vermont 05764 | 800-776-6675 | MyGMC Login | Email Login