Scenes of Green Mountain College
Home > Academics > Off-Campus Study > Eco League > Common Questions

Common Questions for
GMC Students

The following are some answers to questions frequently asked by GMC students considering an Eco League exchange.

How does tuition work?
Green Mountain College students on an Eco League exchange will continue to pay full time tuition to Green Mountain College. All lab fees for courses taken at another school will be paid by the student directly to the host institution they are visiting.

Who pays room and board?
Green Mountain students will pay all room and board charges directly to the institution they are visiting. If the student's Financial Aid covers a portion of a student's room and board, Green Mountain's Financial Aid Office may send a check to the student for the requisite portion of room and board.

How long can I attend another school?
GMC students may attend another institution for up to two non-sequential full semesters.

When can I attend another school?
GMC students may attend a semester at another institution during their sophomore and/or junior year.

Do I have to be an Environmental Studies or Recreation major to attend another Eco League institution?
No, students enrolled in any undergraduate program may participate.

Will my credits transfer back to Green Mountain?
Yes. Students are responsible for meeting with their advisor and making sure that the courses to be taken at another campus will fit into their program at GMC.

Are travel expenses covered?
Green Mountain students are responsible for making the proper arrangements and paying for their transportation to the institution they will be attending.

Do I need to fill out an application?
Green Mountain students planning on attending another Eco League Institution need to fill out an Eco League intent to participate form. The form is also available at the Provost's Office in Pollock Hall.

© 2015 Green Mountain College | One Brennan Circle | Poultney, Vermont 05764 | 800-776-6675 | MyGMC Login | Email Login