You’ve already started. Why stop now? With Green Mountain College’s online Bachelor’s program, you can complete your undergraduate degree at your own pace, on your own time, and from the convenience of your own home.
Online degree completion program in:
We provide an individualized and rigorous academic experience that is as flexible as it is affordable. Let our expert faculty and supportive transfer advisors help you take your education and career to the next level.
The Benefits of Online Learning
The primary reason students choose online courses from Green Mountain College is that they can get the same exceptional education that students living on campus receive, but with a greater degree of flexibility. Here are the reasons that it could work for you:
- Convenience. Log-in at any time—from home, the office, or while traveling—and work around your busy schedule.
- Cost Effectiveness. With online learning, you do not have to quit your job to pursue a great education. You can spend more time with your family without the hassle of commuting to classes.
- Support. Our online students benefit from small class sizes. There are no more than 20 students in each class, allowing you to communicate easily with peers and receive plenty of attention from their instructor.
Degree Completion Program
Perhaps you’ve wanted to pursue a bachelor’s degree, but you have personal or work obligations that make it difficult to attend classes. Maybe you’ve already earned some college credits, but you need an affordable path to finish what you started. If this describes you, Green Mountain College has created a convenient, customized program to fit your needs.
Degree Completion is a 100% online bachelor’s degree completion program designed to help busy adults finish their undergraduate degree at a forward-thinking, nationally recognized college.
You will gain proficiency in core principles and take on the challenges that sustainable businesses of all sizes face in the modern age – without having to put your life on hold. Learn from expert faculty in a dynamic virtual classroom that offers practical and theoretical tools to prepare you for the future of sustainable business.
As a B.A in Interdisciplinary studies student, you also benefit from business courses, but have the opportunity to apply previous coursework in a non-business subject as your primary or secondary concentration.
Why Green Mountain College?
- A program that leverages the College’s expertise in the rapidly-growing market in sustainability-related sectors
- Vermont’s most affordable bachelor’s degree completion program
- A program that provides a high level of student support to make completion a collaborative and manageable process
- A program that supports transfer credit, which takes student learning preferences and cost into account
- A program that provides a direct bridge to the Green Mountain College MBA program, one of U.S. News & World Report’s ‘Best Online Graduate Business Programs’, including automatic admission
- A program designed around adult learner needs
- A program that provides integrated post-graduation career planning
- A program that while online welcomes you to visit campus anytime to participate in intramural sports, visit the gym, etc.
- A program that allows you to engage with your professors and classmates virtually at times that best suit your personal and professional responsibilities
What is it?
The Degree Completion Program is a 100% online Bachelor’s program designed to help busy adults finish their undergraduate degree at a prestigious, forward-thinking institution.
How long does it take to complete?
The time needed to complete the degree depends on how many college credits you have when you start. For example, if you have 60 credits when you start the program, you can complete the degree in about two and a half years.
What makes Green Mountain College’s program different?
- Sustainability based education expertise
- Student Completion Support
- Transfer Credit Support
- Program design built around adult learner needs
- Integrated post-graduation career planning
- Leverages the College’s leadership in the rapidly-growing market in sustainability-related sectors
How does it work?
- At the start of the program, an advisor works with you to apply your completed college credit. In addition, your advisor helps you explore additional opportunities to receive college credit, including college credit for life experience (prior learning credit), college credit through testing, etc.
- Based on the assessment, you and your advisor plan your program of study. It can incorporate courses at your local community college, from other sources that reflect your learning preferences or cost, etc.
- Each course at the college lasts six weeks and you enroll in one course at a time (up to eight courses a year). You can see an example in the “Curriculum” tab above.
- To complete the bachelor’s degree the student needs a total of 120 Credits of which:
- At least 30 Credits must be completed at Green Mountain College; and
- At least 33 Credits must be upper division courses (3000 and/or 4000 level)
Q: How often do I need to log in to my course each week?
A: It is required that you log in to your online classroom at least twice a week and it is recommended you actively participate at least four times a week. You should estimate at least 16 hours per week for coursework.
Q: Do I have to log in at specific times of the day?
A: No. The coursework at Green Mountain College is 100% asynchronous, meaning that there are no set meeting times unless special arrangements are made with the instructor. However, note that students have the option to attend instructor-led weekly synchronous online sessions.
Q: Is there an online library I can access?
A: Yes. Prior to the start of their first course, all students participate in an online orientation. This orientation will review services offered, including the Library.
Q: If needed, am I allowed to take a break from the program?
A: Yes, you are able to take time off from your program. Simply do not register for courses that session. However, note that breaks lengthen the time it takes to complete the degree.
Q: Am I required to complete my program within a certain time frame?
A: Yes. You must complete the program within six years of being accepted into the Online Bachelor’s program.
To learn more about Green Mountain College’s Online Degree Completion and download a free brochure, fill out the fields below. You can also call 802-287-8358 to speak to one of our Academic Advisors about the degree program.