Home > Admissions > Apply Online > First-Year Students
First Year Students
Feel free to contact your Admissions Counselor
at any time with application questions.
How to Apply
Applicants are encouraged to apply online.
Green Mountain College is a member of The Common Application
and also accepts the GMC web application
. The application fee is waived if you submit your application online.
If you prefer to mail your application in, you may download the PDF application here
SAT Code: 3418
ACT Code: 4302
FAFSA Code: 003687
CSS Profile Code: 3418
We are a Test Optional School
If you feel that standardized testing is not reflective of your academic ability, you may choose not to submit SAT or ACT scores as part of the admissions process. If you choose not to submit SAT or ACT scores, you must complete an Insight Portfolio
. Your Insight Portfolio will consist of three short response essays (100 words) and a recent, graded writing sample.
Read more about our test optional policy here
In order to review an application, the Office of Admissions requires the following items of all first-year applicants:
- Application for Admission
- Full Record of High School Transcripts
- SAT or ACT Scores OR Insight Portfolio
- One Essay or Personal Statement
- One Letter of Recommendation
Until an applicant has submitted each of these requirements, the application will be listed as "incomplete."
First-year applicants are encouraged to submit supplemental application materials. Supplemental materials provide you the opportunity to showcase special talents, abilities, passions, and awards that may not be reflected in your personal statement or recommendation. Use supplemental materials as an opportunity to demonstrate what you will contribute to the campus community at Green Mountain College.
Supplemental materials may include:
- Additional Letters of Recommendation
- Additional Essays
- Creative Arts Portfolio
- Class work Portfolio
At any time, you may contact the Office of Admissions to check on the status of your application.
Green Mountain College offers both Early Action and Rolling admissions. Early Action applications must be submitted by November 1 or January 2. Rolling admissions applications will be accepted until all available spots in the incoming class are filled. Applicants are strongly encouraged to complete their applications in a timely manner.
Please take note of the following dates:
- 8/1/14 - Applications for Spring 2015 and Fall 2015 admission can be submitted
- 10/18/14 - First Fall Open House
- 11/1/14 - November Early Action application deadline
- 11/8/14 - Second Fall Open House
- 12/1/14 - Enrollments due for Spring 2015 Admission (after December 1, enrollments will be accepted on a space available basis)
- 12/13/14 - November Early Action decisions released
- 1/2/15 - January Early Action application deadline
- 2/14/15 - January Early Action decisions released
- 3/1/15 - Priority deadline for FAFSA submission
- 3/21/15 - March Open House
- 4/18/2015 - Accepted Student Day
- 5/1/15 - Enrollments due for Fall admission (after May 1, enrollments will be accepted on a space available basis)
The admissions process at Green Mountain College is designed to be user-friendly. Selecting a college is a major decision in your life -- remember that as you move along through the application, we are here to help every step of the way. Feel free to contact your Admissions Counselor
with any questions you have about the application process.