Home > Admissions > Apply Online > Transfer Students
Feel free to contact your Admissions Counselor
at any time with application questions.
How to Apply
Applicants are encouraged to apply online.
Green Mountain College is a member of The Common Application
and also accepts the GMC web application
. The application fee is waived if you submit your application online.
If you prefer to mail your application in, you may download the PDF application here
. A $30 application fee will be charged if postmarked after December 31. If you wish to request a fee waiver, please contact the Office of Admissions.
SAT Code: 3418
ACT Code: 4302
FAFSA Code: 003687
CSS Profile Code: 3418
In order to review an application, the Office of Admissions requires the following items of all transfer applicants:
- Application for Admission
- Full Record of College and Post-Secondary Transcripts
- Full Record of High School Transcripts
- One Essay or Personal Statement
- One Letter of Recommendation
- Resume (including but not limited to: employment, extracurricular and/or volunteer activities)
If you have completed fewer than 24 college credits, you must submit SAT or ACT Scores. Or in place of test scores, you may submit an Insight Portfolio. Until an applicant has submitted each of these requirements, the application will be listed as "incomplete."
Applicants are encouraged to submit supplemental application materials. Supplemental materials provide you the opportunity to showcase special talents, abilities, passions, and awards that may not be reflected in your personal statement or recommendation. Use supplemental materials as an opportunity to demonstrate what you will contribute to the campus community at Green Mountain College.
Supplemental materials may include:
- Additional Letters of Recommendation
- Additional Essays
- Creative Arts Portfolio
- Class work Portfolio
At any time, you may contact the Office of Admissions to check on the status of your application.
Green Mountain College accepts applications from transfer students on a rolling admissions basis. Applications will be accepted until all available spots in the incoming class are filled. Applicants are strongly encouraged to complete their applications in a timely manner.
Please take note of the following dates:
- 8/1/14 - Applications for Spring 2015 and Fall 2015 admission can be submitted
- 10/18/14 - First Fall Open House
- 11/8/14 - Second Fall Open House
- 12/1/14 - Enrollments due for Spring Admission (after December 1, enrollments will be accepted on a space available basis)
- 3/1/15 - Priority deadline for FAFSA submission
- 3/21/15 - March Open House
- 4/18/2015 - April Open House
- 5/1/15 - Enrollments due for Fall Admission (after May 1, enrollments will be accepted on a space available basis)
Transferring Credit and Graduation Requirements
At Green Mountain College, we will make the transfer process as smooth as possible. All transfer students should note that you are required to take 30 credits at Green Mountain College in order to receive a degree from the College, even if all other graduation requirements have been met.
To ensure a fair and careful review of your transferable credits, you should supply a complete, official record of all college transcripts, signed by the Registrar well in advance of the enrollment deadline. For additional information on GMC's Transfer Credit policy, please click here.
The admissions process at Green Mountain College is designed to be user-friendly. Selecting a college is a major decision in your life -- remember that as you move along through the application, we are here to help every step of the way. Feel free to contact your Admissions Counselor with any questions you have about the application process.