Home > Admissions > Tuition & Aid > Applying for Aid
Applying for Aid
Here are some tips for making the financial aid process work for you:
- Submit an application for admission to Green Mountain College. Once you have applied and been admitted to the College we can move ahead with your financial aid package.
- Apply early--as soon after January 1 as possible. We award financial aid on a first-come, first-served basis. The sooner you apply, the better your chance of receiving grants and scholarships from GMC.
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Click here for online application. Paper applications can be obtained by calling 1-800-4-FEDAID.
Remember these tips:
- The GMC school code is 003687. Use this on the FAFSA.
- Call us if you have questions; our help is free.
- You can obtain a pin number to sign your FAFSA electronically by clicking here. Parents of dependent students should also obtain a pin number to sign the FAFSA.
- Watch for your financial aid package in the mail. Once Green Mountain College receives your FAFSA results (two weeks after you submit it), we'll send you an award notification. This notification will outline the type and amount of financial aid for which you qualify.