Undergraduate and Graduate programs at Green Mountain College are approved for Veterans Benefits under the GI Bill, and Green Mountain College is pleased to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program, thereby offering eligible military veterans an opportunity to attend Green Mountain College at reduced rates.
Only individuals entitled to the maximum benefit rate (based on service requirements) may receive funding under the Yellow Ribbon Program. You may be eligible if you:
- Served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001 of at least 36 months
- Were honorably discharged from active duty for a service connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001
- Are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill based on a veteran’s service under the eligibility criteria listed above
Individual veteran’s eligibility determinations are made by the VA. The veteran must file an online application with them (www.gibill.va.gov). Under the Yellow Ribbon Program qualifying veterans will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis established by the date of receipt of their completed Application for Admissions.
Students whose cost of attendance will be covered in whole or in part by education benefits from the Veterans’ Administration must agree to assume responsibility for any costs that are not covered because of ineligibility or prior overpayments.
There are numerous resources designed to assist you with outside scholarship searches and general financial aid information, including financial need calculators. Among them:
- fafsa.ed.gov: Electronic processing for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- collegeboard.com: Grant guide for accessing scholarships on the web.
- finaid.org: General Financial aid information, including a financial need estimator.
- studentaid.ed.gov: U.S. Department of Education’s student aid information site.
- vsac.org: Vermont Student Assistance Corporation information site.
- careersandcolleges.com: Resources and information for free scholarships and grants.
- profileonline.collegeboard.com: Electronic processing for the CSS/Financial Aid Profile.
- scholarships.com: Extensive customized database of scholarship and grant opportunities.
- fastweb.com: Database of 1.3 million local and national scholarships.
- studentscholarshipsearch.com: Scholarship resources and financial aid tips.
Green Mountain College is also proud to offer tuition payment plan options in partnership with Tuition Management Systems. For costs and schedules or to enroll, call 1-888-210-5765 or click here.
For more information:
Director of Financial Aid