Frozen Tuition Guarantee. Starting in the 2017-2018 academic year, the tuition for your first year will be the same for all of your years at GMC. The average U.S. college tuition increased 12% in the past four years. Freezing tuition at your first-year rate will save thousands of dollars in tuition costs. Since tuition is by far the greatest portion of your college costs, freezing tuition provides the best way to manage and plan for your education.
Four-Year Guarantee. We guarantee that you will graduate in four years or we will cover all tuition costs for any additional course work at GMC needed for graduation. National studies show fewer than 50% of students attending a four-year college or university actually graduate within four years. By graduating on time, you’ll keep education costs to a minimum and enter the workforce sooner. At Green Mountain College, we have a tradition of close collaboration between students and faculty advisors – our pledge is an extension of the confidence we have in our advisory program.
- What do you need to do?
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 to remain in good academic standing
- Fulfill all graduation requirements including ELA components, major/minor requirements, and upper division course work requirements
- Declare your graduation major before the fourth semester (those majoring in education, fine art, art, or secondary education must declare their major upon entering Green Mountain College)
- Average 15 credits per semester (a typical class load)
- Enroll in eight consecutive semesters
- Make up the credits for any failed course during the four-year period of time
- Meet with your Academic Advisor at least once per semester
If you take all of these steps, and you are unable to complete your major in four years, GMC will assume the tuition costs of the courses needed to complete your undergraduate degree.
If you are serious, goal-oriented incoming first-year student, you can save time and money as you work toward the completion of your baccalaureate degree. By collaborating closely with your academic advisor you can have the education of your dreams—and achieve it in four years.
Textbook Guarantee All campus-based undergraduate students get all of their required textbooks on the first day of class for no additional charge. By comparison, the average college student at other colleges pays $1,200 a year on books, and some forgo purchasing necessary class materials, jeopardizing their academic success. At GMC, we make sure you have what you need when you need it, and help you save money too.