Come visit our traditional New England campus, meet our students as they walk to classes, or at lunch, and experience what it’s like to be part of our community. We can arrange a campus tour, info session, interview, meetings with faculty/staff and class visits. As always, lodging and accommodations may be available at the Two Editors Inn, and families are welcome to dine alongside current students in our beautiful dining hall. Make your visit worth your while:
- Sit in on a class
- Meet with a Professor in your academic area of interest
- Meet with staff from our Calhoun Learning Center, Wellness Center or Athletics Department
- Learn about our affordability plan from staff in the Student Financial Services office
- Check out a residence halls
OVERNIGHT CAMPUS VISIT – Be our Guest
- You’ll have the opportunity to participate in campus activities, interact with current students, and spend the night in the residence hall.
- A current student will be your host for the evening. You’ll participate in your host’s routine, including meals, club meetings or events.
- Bring a sleeping bag, towel and any toiletries or medications needed. No money needed for food . . . dinner, breakfast, and snacks are on us!
How to register
- Please complete this form to reserve your space and we will contact you soon with more details.
- A limited number of overnights are available first-come, first-served on March 18th and April 15th, 2016.
Prospective students and applicants are encouraged to meet with an admissions counselor for an interview during the admissions process. Interviews serve two purposes. Meeting with an admissions counselor allows students to discuss in-depth the criteria for admissions, financial aid opportunities, and the nature of our academic programs and campus activities. The interview also gives the admissions department a better understanding of why the prospective
student thinks that Green Mountain is a good fit.
Directions to Campus
I-89 South to Burlington, Vermont. Take exit for Route 7 South. Turn right onto Rte 22A in Vergennes. Follow through Fair Haven and New York. Turn left at Poultney sign. At red blinking light bear right and proceed to GMC.
Garden State Parkway North to New York Thruway North I-87. In Albany, take exit 24 and continue on the Northway, North I-87 to exit 20. Take a left at the light onto Route 9. Proceed to light at Route 149 and turn right onto 149. Follow 149 to town of Fort Ann. Turn left onto Route 4 North. Proceed to Route 22 South. Follow 22 to blinking light at Route 22A. Continue on 22A for approximately 6 miles. Bear right at sign for Poultney and proceed to GMC.
Western CT/NY City:
From New York City take the Taconic Parkway North to Route 90 east. Take exit 3B to Route 22 north. Follow Route 22 North through the town of Granville. When you pass the McDonald’s in Granville, continue on Route 22 North to the blinking light at Route 22A. Turn right onto 22A and continue approximately 6 miles. Bear right at sign for Poultney and continue on to GMC.
Route 3 or I-93 North to Concord, NH. Take I-89 North to VT. From I-89 take the
Woodstock/Rutland & Route 4 exit. Stay on Route 4 West through Rutland (road becomes 4-lane divided highway). Take Route 4 to exit 4 which is Route 30 South. Follow Route 30 South to Poultney. At the light take a right onto Main Street and proceed straight to GMC.
Directions within Vermont
Take Route 7 South. Turn right onto Route 22A in Vergennes. Follow through Fair Haven and New York. Turn left at Poultney sign. At red blinking light bear right and proceed to GMC.
In Brattleboro, follow Route 30 North to Manchester, VT, approximately 40 miles. In Manchester, continue on Route 30 North to Poultney, approximately 30 miles. Once in Poultney, turn left onto Main Street at red light, follow to end of street, Green Mountain College is across College Street at the end of Main Street.
Route 7 North to Exit 4. Turn left onto Route 7A. Turn left onto Route 30 North, follow to Poultney, approximately 30 miles. Once in Poultney, turn left onto Main Street at red light, follow to end of street, Green Mountain College is across College Street at the end of Main Street.
The College has a small guesthouse (the Two Editors Inn) which, depending upon availability, may be used by visiting prospective students and their families who are traveling from a distance. There is no charge for a one night stay. Since space is limited, be sure to plan your visit well in advance if you wish to stay overnight at the Inn.
Please contact Hope Chambers, Hospitality Coordinator at (800) 776-6675 to reserve a room for your visit.
Five – 15 minutes from GMC
- The Bentley House Poultney, VT (802) 287-4004
- The Hopson House Bed & Breakfast, LLCEast Poultney, VT 05741(802) 287-8546 Conctact
- Birdhouse Inn Bed & Breakfast East Poultney, VT 05741(802) 287-2405 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Toad Hall Bed & Breakfast 828 Endless Brook Road Poultney, VT(802) 287-4455
- Wildflower Farm Poultney, VT(802) 770-9158 House for private rental Castleton
- Applewood Manor Bed & Breakfast Castleton, VTToll free: (866) 468-5170 Phone: (802) 468-5170 Fair Haven
- Fair Haven Inn B&B Fair Haven, VT(802) 265-3553 Two-night minimum
- Haven Guest House Fair Haven, VT(802) 265-8882 Includes breakfast
- Maplewood Inn Fair Haven, VT (802)278-8286 Includes breakfast
- Marble Mansion Inn Fair Haven, VT(802) 265-4556 Includes breakfast Facilities are available for retreats as well as overnight guests. Hampton
- Panorama Motel Hampton, NY(518)282-9648Small pets allowed Granville
- The Sheldon Mansion 48 North StreetGranville, NY 12832(518) 642-0000 Email: email@example.com Vacation Home Rental: Three Bedroom, 2.5 Bath Granville, NY 12832 Alice Woods (336) 643-3505
Middletown Springs/ Rutland
- Twin Mountains Farm Bed & Breakfast Middletown Springs, VT (802) 235-3700 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Owl’s Nest Middletown Springs, VT (802) 235-1090; (914) 764-5405 Email: email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Wells, VT
- Pond Mountain Inn Wells, VT 802-325-282915 – 30 minutes from GMC Bomoseen
- Endless Brook Farm B&B, Wells, VT
- Edgewater Motel Bomoseen, VT(802) 468-5251 Includes breakfast Three-night minimum Rutland
- Best Western Inn Rutland, VT(802) 773-3200 Includes breakfast and a copy of USA Today
- Comfort Inn at Trolley Square Rutland, VT(802) 775-2200Ask for Green Mtn. rate
- Econo Lodge Rutland, VT (800) 231-1709 Pets allowed. Includes breakfast.
- Green Mountain Motel Rutland, VT (802) 775-2575 Pets allowed. Coffee available
- Harvest Moon B&B Rutland,VT (802) 773-0889Includes breakfast and tea.
- Holiday Inn Rutland/KillingtonRutland,VT(800) 462-4810 (802) 773-6130 Ask for special Green Mtn. College rate.
- Pine Tree Lodge Rutland, VT (802) 773-2442
- Ramada Limited Rutland, VT (802) 773-489220% off rack rates for GMC visitors
- Red Robbin Inn Rutland, VT (802) 775-4303
- Red Roof InnRutland, VT (802) 775-4303Pets allowed. Includes breakfast.
- Royal Motel Rutland, VT (802) 773-9176
- The Inn at Rutland Rutland, VT (802) 773-0575 Includes breakfast 30 – 45 minutes from GMC Brandon
- Brandon Inn Brandon, VT (800) 247-5766Includes breakfast
- Lilac Inn Brandon, VT (800) 221-0720 Pet friendly, Full breakfast Email: email@example.com Old Mill Inn B&B Brandon, VT (802) 247-8002
- The Swallow’s Nest Brandon, VT(802) 247-5223Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dorset Inn Dorset, VT (877) 367-7389
- Dovetail B&BDorset, VT(888) 867-5747No smoking in buildings
- Inn at Westview FarmDorset, VT(888) 867-5715Includes breakfast Children over 12
- The Marbledge Motor InnEast Dorset, VT(802) 362-1418
- Aspen Motel Manchester, VT(802) 362-2450
- Barnstead Inn Manchester, VT(800) 331-1619
- Battenkill Inn Manchester, VT(802) 362-4213Includes breakfast, afternoon tea, evening wine and snacks
- Brittany Inn MotelManchester, VT(802) 362-1033Casablanca Motel Manchester, VT (802) 362-2145
- Four Winds Country Motel Manchester, VT(802) 362-1105Includes breakfast. Three night minimum Inn at Ormsby Hill Manchester, VT (802) 362-1163
- Inn at Willow Pond Manchester, VT(802) 362-4733Manchester Highlands Inn Manchester, VT (800) 743-4565 Includes breakfast and afternoon snacks
- Manchester View Manchester, VT(800) 548-4141No smoking in buildings
- Northshire Motel Manchester, VT (802) 362-2336 No smoking in buildings. Two night minimum.
- Olympia Motor Lodge Manchester, VT(802) 362-1700Stamford Motel Manchester, VT (802) 362-2342
- The Inn at Manchester Manchester, VT(802) 362-1793Includes breakfast and Saturday wine and cheese Village Country Inn Manchester, VT (802) 362-7238
- Weathervane Motel Manchester, VT(802) 362-2444
- Includes breakfastWedgewood Motel Manchester, VT(802) 362-2145 Includes breakfast. Three night minimum. Wallingford/Danby
- The I.B. Munson House Wallingford, VT(802) 446-2860Includes breakfast. Three night minimum
- Silas Griffith InnDanby, VT(802) 293-5567Includes breakfast for two. Pets allowed
45 – 60 minutes from GMC Killington Region
- Butternut Motor Inn Killington, VT(802) 422-2000
- Cascades Lodge Killington, VT(802) 422-3731 Includes breakfast. Three night minimum
- Cedarbrook Motor Inn-Suite Killington, VT (802) 422-9666
- Comfort Inn Killington Killington, VT (802) 422-4222 Includes breakfast
- Grey Bonnet Inn Killington, VT (800) 342-2086 Includes breakfast
- Happy Bear Motel Killington, VT (802) 422-3305 North Star Lodge Killington, VT (802) 422-4040
- Sherburne-Killington Motel Killington, VT (802) 773-9535 Includes breakfast
- Summit Lodge Killington, VT (802) 422-353515 percent discount for GMC visitors Edelweiss Motel Mendon, VT (802) 775-5577 Pets allowed. Coffee available.
- Mendon Mountain Motel Mendon, VT (802) 775-5477 Pets allowed (crated and leashed)
- Tyrol Motor Inn Mendon, VT (802) 773-7485
- Vermont Inn Mendon, VT (802) 775-0708 Includes full breakfast
Lake George Region
- Days Inn of Lake George Lake George, NY (518) 793-3196
- Green Haven Resort Motel Lake George, NY (518) 668-2489 Kids under 3 are free. Pets allowed Nordicks
- Motel Lake George, NY (518) 668-2697
- Ramada Inn of Lake George Lake George, NY (518) 668-3131 The Austin Inn Lake George, NY (518) 668-2105
- Travelodge of Lake George Lake George, NY (518) 668-5421
- From the Heart Motel Fort Ann, NY (518) 639-4411
- Queensbury Hotel Glens Falls, NY(518) 792-1121
- Alpenhaus Motel Queensbury, NY (518) 732-6941
- Browns Welcome Inn Motel Queensbury, NY (518) 732-9576Free Coffee Sleep Inn & Suites Queensbury, NY (518) 955-3000