Home > Alumni > Alumni Board > Athletic Hall of Fame > Nomination Criteria
Athletic Hall of Fame
Any Green Mountain College Alumni/ae, current or former Faculty or Staff of Green Mountain College may nominate a candidate for membership into the Athletic Hall of Fame.
A candidate may represent one (or more) of four specific areas:
- A Graduate of Ripley Female College, Troy Conference Academy, Green Mountain Junior College or Green Mountain College.
- Teams from the above mentioned institutions.
- Former Staff members.
- Honorary membership.
The candidates from the above-mentioned sectors must conform to the following criteria:
- Graduates of Ripley Female College, Troy Conference Academy, Green Mountain Junior College or Green Mountain College.
- Graduated at least 10 years before nomination.
- Candidates must have distinguished themselves while competing as student-athletes.
- Candidates have gone on and established themselves beyond their time as students.
- Must have attended the above institutions for at least four (4) semesters.
- Have made significant contributions to the College’s athletic programs.
- Served as role models in the quest to build character and leadership through athletics.
- May be nominated after the 10th anniversary of their completed season.
- Must have distinguished themselves while competing including but not limited to: Regional or national level competition.
- Team members have gone on to distinguish themselves beyond their time as team members.
Former Staff members:
- At lest one year of separation from the Ripley Female College, Troy Conference Academy, Green Mountain Junior College or Green Mountain College.
- Distinguished themselves as individual representatives of the above mentioned institutions while serving.
- Candidates must have contributed significantly to the Athletic Programs for a period of at least 5 years.