GMC Communications Office Seeks Student Writer
Are you curious about the lives of your fellow students? Do you want to know what makes them tick? What they plan to do after graduation? The GMC communications office is offering an opportunity for a motivated, responsible student to hone his or her writing and interviewing skills while sharing compelling student stories with the GMC community. Applications are currently being accepted for the Student Snapshot Writer work-study position.
Although we welcome applications from all interested students, we especially encourage underclassmen to apply. You do not have to be work-study eligible to apply for this position. This is a great opportunity to get real-world writing/reporting experience and build your portfolio.
- Interview GMC students and write one 500 - 600 word story per week for publication in the GMC Journal and on the GMC website.
- Use a digital recorder and wireless microphone (supplied by the communications office) to record the interview. Edit the sound into one 20 – 30 second sound bite to publish with the story. Training provided by communications office.
- Coordinate a day/time for the student to come to the communications office for a photo.
Please send two to three writing samples and a letter of introduction to Kevin Coburn, director of communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be prepared to visit the communications office for an interview. Any questions, feel free to contact the communications office at (802) 287-8926.
- Demonstrated writing ability, preferably in non-fiction writing and/or creative writing
- Interviewing skills
- Desire to learn how to use a digital sound recorder and edit audio
- Ability to meet a strict weekly deadline
PLEASE SEND APPLICATION MATERIALS TO THE COMMUNICATIONS OFFICE BY FRIDAY, JANUARY 22.