Home > Student Life > Residence Life > Special Interest Floors > ARC Floor
Karina Lorenc email@example.com
Alex Goss firstname.lastname@example.org
The ARC Floor aims to live up to its three pillars of academics, respect, and community.
- Academics: To provide a sustainable academic support system that is stress-free and to encourage learning both in and out of the classroom.
- Respect: To create and maintain a welcoming, safe, and fun environment for this diverse and large group of individuals.
- Community: To participate in and lead activities, clubs, sports, committees, and organizations related to the floor, the Green Mountain College campus, and the town of Poultney.
Recent Floor Events
- Thrift Dance and clothing and canned goods collection.
- Winter Holiday Dinner and Celebration
- Movie Nights
- Floor Dinners
The ARC Floor is governed by two elected co-presidents each year. Presidents are responsible for floor meetings, delegating and planning community programs, and other floor related issues. Candidates for President must have lived on the floor for at least one semester prior to being elected and be of sophomore standing or greater.
Requirements for Residents
- Residents of the ARC Floor must maintain a grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0
As floor presidents have no access to resident's grades, GPA is on an honor system. Failure to maintain GPA may result in removal from the floor by Residence Life after probation period of one semester.
- Residents are not required to be members of Green Mountain College’s Honors Program.
- Residents of the ARC Floor must maintain an atmosphere of respect for their fellow neighbors and students as is stated in the floor mission and goals.
- Residents of the ARC Floor are responsible for abiding by the rules set forth in the Student Handbook.
- Residents of the ARC Floor must be responsible enough to govern themselves independently of Green Mountain College’s Resident Life program.
- Residents of the floor must complete 8 hours of community service individually or a community project as a whole floor per semester, as required by Residence Life.
- Failure to comply with the above regulations may result in removal from the floor.
- Potential members must apply to the ARC Floor via the Application Form (either online or in hardcopy).
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0. If their GPA is currently not a 3.0 then they must explain what they will do to improve their academic standing such as attending tutoring sessions or improving their time management.
- Floor Presidents are responsible for handling the applications and facilitating the voting process, as well as communicating the results to the applicant, floor members, and Residence Life Department.
- Applicants must receive a majority vote from current floor members to be accepted.
- Applicants will be notified of the decision via email.
- Applicants not receiving a majority vote are encouraged to re-apply.
- Applicants may be wait-listed in the event of over-occupancy.
This webpage supplies a lot of important information that should aid in your application decision. We also feel it is very important to visit us and get a feel for the floor and the community of people who live here. The application process is designed for us to learn a bit about you and understand how you would fit into our community. If you have any questions feel free to contact the floor presidents. Once you have finished the application, you may return it to the floor presidents.
Click here to download the application.