Home > Student Life > Residence Life > Special Interest Floors > SAGE
S.A.G.E. : Students for Academic and Green Engagement
Current President: Bianca Amira Zanella
- Located near the Griswold Library and the Cerridwen Farm
- Sage is a LEED(r) gold certified building designated by the U.S. Green Building Council in 2010
- Sage is Green Mountain College's honors residence hall with space for 26 students
- Sage is both a co-ed specialty floor and handicap-accessible building with two mental-health rooms
It is the mission of Sage Hall to foster a place of community, learning, and environmentally conscious and engaged activities in synchronicity with the Green Mountain College Mission Statement. Through the use of a safe and secure community, Sage as a whole, and its independent residents, will uphold environmental and academic standards of a higher degree than most.
It is the purpose of Sage to allow its residents a home environment that is free of prejudice, conflict, and general upheaval. It is believed that by having this stable center, the residents of Sage will be more productive and proactive in the larger Green Mountain College community.
Residents of Sage Hall Must:
- Maintain a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher. As floor presidents have no access to resident's grades, GPA is on an honor system. Failure to maintain GPA may result in removal from the floor by Residence Life after probation period of one semester.
- Attend the Community Potluck.
- Be driven to be involved in community outreach initiatives and be engaged with environmental concerns.
- Be willing to contribute to a positive atmosphere.
- Maintain an atmosphere of respect for their fellow neighbors and students.
- Be responsible for abiding by the rules set forth in the Student Handbook.
- Complete 8 hours of community service individually or a community project as a whole floor per semester, as required by Residence Life.
* Any student who has interest in applying to live in Sage and be a part of our community may find applications in Residence Life or may contact the current president with inquiries.