Scenes of Green Mountain College
Home > Student Life > Student Handbook > Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA, The Buckley Amendment) > Challenges to Student Records
Challenges to Student Records
A student has the right to request the amendment of her or his educational records if the student believes that inaccurate or misleading information is contained therein. A student may request, in writing, an opportunity to review the official educational records maintained by the College. The student should write the College official responsible for the record, clearly identify the part of the record they want changed, and specify why it is inaccurate or misleading. The College has five business days to respond to the student request. If the College decides not to amend the record as requested by the student, the College will notify the student of the decision and advise the student of his or her right to a meeting regarding the request for amendment. Additional information regarding the meeting procedures will be provided to the student when notified of the right to a meeting.

In addition, a student may file a written complaint regarding an alleged FERPA violation by Green Mountain College with the Family Policy Compliance Office, U.S. Department of Education, 400 Maryland Avenue, S.W., Washington, DC 20202-4605

© 2015 Green Mountain College | One Brennan Circle | Poultney, Vermont 05764 | 800-776-6675 | MyGMC Login | Email Login