Scenes of Green Mountain College
Home > Student Life > Student Handbook > Off Campus Housing Policy > Living Off Campus Eligibility

Living Off Campus Eligibility

Any student who will be at least 23 years of age by September 1 of the current academic year is exempt from the residential policy.

Local Resident
A "local resident" must reside in either Rutland County, Vermont, or Washington County, New York, for a minimum of one calendar year prior to requesting to live off-campus. Proof may be requested to verify residency which includes, but is not limited to, valid driver's license, motor vehicle registration, voter's registration, utilities receipts, rent receipts, tax records, or verification from a primary family member (defined as parent or legal guardian or spouse) that the student has lived in one of these counties for at least one calendar year. All incoming new students who meet this criterion must notify the Director of Residence Life of their intention to live off campus.

Any student who is legally married is exempt from the mandatory residential housing policy. Proof in the form of a valid marriage certificate may be requested by the Director of Residence Life to verify the marriage. All other legal arrangements, including domestic partnerships and civil unions, do not qualify under this policy and may be reviewed by the Director of Residence Life.

© 2014 Green Mountain College | One Brennan Circle | Poultney, Vermont 05764 | 800-776-6675 | MyGMC Login | Email Login