Room changes are not permitted during the first two (2) weeks of the semester, as well as during the final two (2) weeks of classes. A member of the Residence Life staff may make an exception to this policy based on extenuating circumstances, particularly if the health and/or safety of the student is in question. After that time, room changes may be requested as follows:
1. Residents must meet with a Resident Assistant to discuss reasons for wanting a room change. A roommate contract and conflict mediation with the involvement of a Resident Assistant must be completed before moving forward in the room change process.
2. If roommate mediation involving a Resident Assistant is not effective, a resident then will arrange a meeting with the Community Director to make a request and obtain a form. The Community Director may request a meeting with both roommates to further attempt to mediate the situation.
3. A completed room change form must be returned to the Community Director for approval and processing.
4. Room Change requests will be granted in order of priority, with medical accommodations being granted first, followed by severity of living situations. Note: Space is limited and requests may take time to process due to the availability of open rooms.
5. Once the room change has been approved, the student is responsible for checking out of the current room.
6. Keys are exchanged with the Campus Security Office upon approval of the Community Director and must be done by the date indicated on the room change form.