Green Mountain College holds it annual Family & Friends Weekend celebration October 19–21, 2018. Weekend highlights include the Welsh Harvest Festival, performance by the Champlain Philharmonic, home athletic games and a collaborative music project.
Please make reservations early at local lodging options, because Vermont is a popular destination for fall foliage tourism.
Green Mountain College allows guests to set up tents and camp in the designated area of campus on Family & Friend Weekend.
Tent Policy as of March 15, 2016
- Tents may only be set up in the designated area that is currently defined as the green area behind the softball home plate at the end of the paved student parking lot and the meadow adjacent to the Labyrinth.
- The tent must be clearly labeled with the owner’s name and contact information.
- The tent may only be up for a maximum of three days.
- Tents in violation will be removed by Campus Security, if the owner cannot be reached.
- Campers must check in with Campus Security in Withey Student Center upon arrival.
- Campers are not to drive vehicles on the grass.
- Campers are requested to leave no trace, and pack out what is packed in.
- All laws of the state of Vermont must be adhered to, as well as the guidelines of the College, i.e., so no open containers outside of tents, and no public display of alcohol.
- Bathroom facilities in the Griswold Library may be used during regular open hours. In the evening, restroom and shower facilities are available in the Waldron Athletic Center.