Majors & Minors
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Masters of Science in Environmental Studies (MSES)
- Masters in Sustainable Food Systems (MSFS)
- Master in Resilient and Sustainable Communities (MRSC)
- Farm and Food Project
- Service Learning and Sustainability
- Eco League
- Honors Program
- Progressive Program
- Online Degree Completion
- 457 undergraduates / 255 graduate students
- Student to faculty ratio: 14:1
- Full-time faculty: 40
- Faculty holding doctoral or other terminal degree: 93 percent
- Retention Rate: 74%
- Six-year Graduation Rate: 51%
Green Mountain College is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. The education department is accredited by the Vermont State Department of Education. The programs in recreation and outdoor studies are accredited by the Council on Accreditation of the National Recreation and Park Association and the Association for Leisure and Recreation. Green Mountain College is a member of the Association of Vermont Independent Colleges.
Green Mountain College is situated in southern Vermont’s beautiful lakes region, with the Adirondack Mountains to the west and the Green Mountains to the east. The 155-acre campus features athletic fields, a farm supporting a CSA and livestock, hiking trails, and a great swimming hole on the Poultney River. View our campus map.
GMC offers three varsity sports for men (cross country, basketball and soccer) and four for women (basketball, cross country, soccer and volleyball) within the Northeastern Intercollegiate Athletics Conference (NIAC). Club sports include rugby and Ultimate Frisbee.