Green Mountain College offers this pledge to all incoming freshmen who meet academic requirements and work closely with their academic advisors:
“We guarantee that you will graduate in four years or we will cover all tuition costs for any additional course work at GMC needed for graduation.”
National studies show that only 37% of students attending a four-year college or university actually graduate within four years. By graduating on time, you’ll keep education costs to a minimum and enter the workforce sooner.
At Green Mountain College, we have a tradition of close collaboration between students and faculty advisors – our pledge is an extension of the confidence we have in our advisory program.
What do you need to do?
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 to remain in good academic standing
- Fulfill all graduation requirements including ELA components, major/minor requirements, and upper division course work requirements
- Declare your graduation major before the fourth semester (those majoring in education, fine art, art, or secondary education must declare their major upon entering Green Mountain College)
- Average 15 credits per semester (a typical class load)
- Enroll in eight consecutive semesters
- Make up the credits for any failed course during the four-year period of time
- Meet with your Academic Advisor at least once per semester
If you take all of these steps, and you are unable to complete your major in four years, GMC will assume the tuition costs of the courses needed to complete your undergraduate degree.
This is our guarantee to you. It doesn’t mean you can’t change majors during your college career at GMC. It also doesn’t mean you won’t have the flexibility to take courses in other academic disciplines to broaden your educational experience.
What it does mean is that if you are serious, goal-oriented incoming freshmen, you can save time and money as you work toward the completion of your baccalaureate degree. By collaborating closely with your academic advisor you can have the education of your dreams—and achieve it in four years.
For more detailed information on the guarantee, please contact the Office of Admissions at 1-800-776-6675. Read about other things we’re doing at GMC to make college more affordable below.
Making the Dream a Reality
Here’s some other things that we’re doing to make a Green Mountain College education affordable. First, we’ve adjusted financial aid to reflect recent economic challenges that have hit families: GMC’s average grant for aided incoming freshmen is $19,475 – more than double the national average.
We’re also committed to keeping tuition as low as possible. For more information about tuition and cost of attendance, visit the GMC Financial Aid Office.
For more information about admissions requirements, visit the GMC Admissions Office.